Mozilla.org's Firefox is a University supported web browser for Windows and OS X.
Note: Many schools and units have standardized on the use of specific applications and operating systems. Faculty and staff should speak to their local support provider to determine which products are supported locally before selecting or purchasing software.
Information Systems & Computing (ISC) strongly suggests that users refrain from installing Firefox versions 4 and up if they are using Firefox to access Health System applications.
- For more information on the specific desktop environment requirements for systems such as BEN Financials, the University's budget planning applications (Oracle EPM/Hyperion), and Webi/Business Objects, please see the Desktop Requirements for Administrative Systems Users article.
- Firefox versions 4 and above automatically update to the latest available version of Firefox, while Firefox esr automatically updates to the latest available version. ISC strongly suggests allowing these update processes to complete.
Firefox versions 16.0.1 and above function correctly in Windows 8. Firefox esr has not yet been tested.
OS X compatibility
Firefox versions 14.0.1 and above function correctly in OS X Mountain Lion.
- Download Firefox for Windows
- Download Firefox esr for Windows
- Download Firefox for OS X
- Download Firefox esr for OS X