AirPennNet-Guest Access for Group Events and Conferences
The AirPennNet-Guest Group Code access model is designed to facilitate wireless access for large groups of guests at campus events. Guests use a single, shared Group Code to register their devices and gain access to the AirPennNet-Guest network.
Group Codes can be created only by authorized sponsors via the AirPennNet-Guest Group Code generation application. Local Support Providers should submit a request to the ISC Provider Desk for either their clients or themselves to become authorized sponsors and gain access to the application.
Follow these steps to connect to AirPennNet-Guest using a Group Code:
- Connect to the AirPennNet-Guest WiFi network.
- In a web browser, open any web page such as www.upenn.edu. The browser is automatically redirected to the AirPennNet-Guest Wireless Service page.
- Under the "I have a..." header, click Group Code.
- On the AirPennNet-Guest Group Code Registration page, enter your name, a valid email address, telephone number, and the Group Code for the event.
- Click Continue. A page is displayed informing you that you have successfully registered your device.
- Wait a moment and toggle your wireless adapter off and on.
- Re-connect to the AirPennNet-Guest wireless network. You should now be connected to the Internet. If the connection fails or if you are redirected to the AirPennNet-Guest Wireless Service page again, restart your device and repeat this step.
A version of these instructions (PDF) written for guests is also available.