XpressConnect Support Files
XpressConnect support files provide some extremely useful information for a Local Support Provider, ISC Staff, and the vendors of SecureW2 and XpressConnect if necessary. The contents overview below is taken from a Windows machine, but similar data appears in a similar order depending on the OS.
Contents of a Support File
- Device manufacturer
- Device model
- Computer name
- PennKey User Name
Operating system data:
- Operating System Version (ex Mac OS 10.6.x, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit, etc.)
- Operating System patch level (ex Service Pack 3, 10.6.6, etc.)
- Language pack numeric code
- Antivirus State (reported from Windows Security Center)
- Firewall State
- Windows Update State
Network and Adapter Information:
List of network devices/state
- List of configuration of network devices
- Registry keys of each network device/associated drivers and software.
- DNS configuration
- Output of an ipconfig /all or ifconfig
- Routing tables
- Enumerated list of services/their state at the time XpressConnect ran.
Network Adapter and Service Details:
- Driver names
- Versions of Drivers
- List of root CAs by Cert Blob.
- List of installed applications.
- Configuration XML (you will see data for every device XpressConnect is set up to configure)
- URL of XpressConnect Server
- SecureW2 version
- Output of what happened as XpressConnect ran on the specific device and the result of each attempted action or query.