Specific Charges for 2010-2011
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Meet jointly (or as a subcommittee) with the Senate Committee on Students and the Educational Policy (SCSEP) to address admissions issues.
While the committee may wish to do a broad review of more than one of the following areas, it will want to choose only one as a focus area for this year:
- Undertake an overview review of athletics, including adequacy of the balance of facilities for intercollegiate, intramural and recreational use; any issues concerning the tension between intercollegiate athletics and formal educational pursuits; any issues around Title 9 and recent legal decisions; and the fee structure for membership at Penn?s fitness facilities.
- Undertake a review of Library services, including issues related to the balance among funds allocated to purchase of books, journals, newspapers, and (other) electronic resources in the context of changing patterns of user demands.
- Examine the role of the Office of Student Conduct and the resolution of cases concerning potential violations of academic conduct rules.
- Review plans and initiatives for increasing opportunities for undergraduate research.
- Review and discuss the committee?s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given highest priority for the committee?s work in AY 2011-2012.
Michael Topp *
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.