Specific Charges for 2012-2013
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Continue discussions concerning Academic Integrity. Follow up on ways to communicate to the Penn community the Best Practices that were drafted by the committee in consultation with Vice Provost for Education, Andy Binns. Consider engaging the Senate Committee on Students and the Educational Policy in this discussion. Discuss ways to increase the communication between the Office of Student Conduct and the faculty so that they can provide mutual support. Discuss how to enhance the coordination among the schools in the area of academic integrity in order to avoid duplication of effort as individual schools further investigate academic integrity.
- Continue discussions on expanding the opportunities for undergraduate research. Consider an inclusive clearinghouse for undergraduate research opportunities. In consultation with the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, Steve Fluharty, discuss new Conflict of Interest Policy reporting requirements for undergraduate research and travel. Develop a set of FAQs for appropriate and inappropriate faculty funding sources for undergraduate and graduate students engaged in research.
- Monitor recruitment and admissions policies and practices and Dean Eric Furda’s efforts to increase the diversity of Penn’s student body.
- Monitor International Programs and Vice Provost Zeke Emanuel’s efforts to expand Penn’s offerings for students.
- Review and discuss this Committee’s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given the highest priority for the committee’s work in AY 2013-2014.
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.