Specific Charges for 2016-2017
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and assessment of the adequacy of mental health services, with a particular focus on issues of access to and adequacy of care available to students who need continuing care beyond that normally provided by CAPS.
- Examine the merits of the university building on its work over the past couple of years to reduce sexual harassment and violence among students to develop parallel policies and practices to address sexual harassment and assault that involve faculty and staff as victims or as perpetrators.
- Joint Charge with Facilities- Examine the Riverfront Development plans to identify untapped opportunities for improving housing, safety, or community engagement opportunities.
- Joint Charge with CARA-Review how sports and recreational activity opportunities for staff, graduate students and faculty is planned by the athletics department and how these can be improve the meet the needs and interests of these members of the Penn community.
- Review and discuss this Committee’s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given the highest priority for the committee’s work in academic year 2017-18.
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.