Specific Charges for 2010-2011
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Help to finalize the architecture for a forthcoming Diversity website.
- Continue joint efforts with the Senate Committee on Faculty Development, Diversity, and Equity.
- Meet with newly named Affirmative Action Officer.? Discuss University plans in relevant areas.
- Continue to consider ways of adding a qualitative component to University efforts at assessing campus climate, including consultation with Penn faculty who might help to design it.
- Continue to monitor the implementation of gender-nonspecific campus policies, including the possibility of installing more private showers in recreational bathrooms and providing broader housing options for incoming undergraduates who identify as transgender.
- Collect data on current diversity initiatives within all 12 Schools.Review and discuss the committee?s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given highest priority for the committee?s work in AY 2011-2012.
Wendy De La Rosa
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.