Specific Charges for 2011-2012
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Work with the Office of Affirmative Action on the development, dissemination, and monitoring of strategies to increase the prominence of diversity-related information via the University and School websites.
- Work with the Office of the Provost and with the Senate Committee on Faculty Development, Diversity, and Equity to assess school-level facilitators and barriers to recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty and to monitor the progress of the newly developed University of Pennsylvania Diversity Action Plan.
- Work with the Office of the Provost and other appropriate offices to monitor University processes documenting recruitment, retention, and graduation of underrepresented minority undergraduate and graduate students.
- Communicate with the University Council Committee on Personnel Benefits concerning their progress in the development and implementation of inclusive policies relating to transgender health benefits and tax equalization, and monitor progress on gender-nonspecific campus policies.
- Review and discuss the committee’s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given highest priority for the committee’s work in AY 2012-2013.
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.