Specific Charges for 2012-2013
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Work with the Office of the Provost and with the Senate Committee on Faculty Development, Diversity, and Equity (SCFDDE) to assess the impact and effectiveness of school-level facilitators and their interactions with faculty search processes to identify university-wide barriers to the recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty; and to monitor the implementation of the University of Pennsylvania Diversity Action Plan.
- Monitor University processes documenting recruitment, retention, and graduation of underrepresented minority graduate and undergraduate students with the Office of the Provost and any other appropriate university offices.
- Assess progress on gender-nonspecific campus policies relating to faculty, staff, and students.
- Assess the efforts to build cultural understanding, inclusiveness, and support across campus related to one of the following: different faith traditions, race, socioeconomic status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Review and discuss this Committee’s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given the highest priority for the committee’s work in AY 2013-2014.
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.