Specific Charges for 2013-2014
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Recommend options for developing/expanding/supporting programs to build cultural understanding, inclusiveness, and support across campus related to different faith traditions.
- Continue to work with the Office of the Provost and other appropriate offices to monitor University processes documenting recruitment, retention, and graduation of underrepresented minority graduate students.
- Work with the Office of the Provost and with the Senate Committee on Faculty Development Diversity and Equity (SCFDDE) to continue to monitor the effectiveness of the school-level facilitators, and to assess the progress in implementing the University of Pennsylvania Diversity Action Plan.
- Related to the above, aid in identifying ways to strengthen and support the newly-instituted role of diversity search advisor.
- Review and discuss this Committee’s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given the highest priority for the committee’s work in academic year 2014-15.
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.