Specific Charges for 2005-2006
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws1. Evaluate the existing general charge of the committee for appropriateness and feasibility of the committee, as well as the constituencies represented in its membership, as defined in the Bylaws of the University Council.
2. Investigate the function of the committee, its utility, and any obstacles to fulfilling the general charge, and make a general report regarding the future of the committee.
3. Maintain close ties with the Provost’s Office concerning implementation of the recommendations of the Report of the Retiree Benefits Task Force.
4. Review the report of the committee for 2004-05 and provide an update on progress (or not) and necessary future actions, especially follow-up regarding long-term care insurance and access to data concerning the costs associated with the provision of health benefits by the university.
5. Continue to monitor university options for drugs with the current Medicare Prescription Benefit.
6. Evaluate the recently implemented system on disability claims and investigate short-term disability benefits for the weekly paid staff.
Committee MembersDavid B. Freiman (radiol/med) *
|David B. Freiman (radiol/med)*|
|Howard Goldfine (microbial/med)*|
|Andrew Metrick (fin)*|
|Gerald J. Porter (math)*|
|Ingrid Waldron (biology)*|
|Linda Brown (Risk & Insurance Management)|
|Lisa Felix (OIP)|
|Victoria Mulhern (SOM)*|
|Candice Cozart (Affirmative Action)*|
|Anne Rulinski (Dermatology)*|
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.