Specific Charges for 2010-2011
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Review the requirements of Health Care Reform and consider needed changes in University benefits.
- Continue to develop proposals for changes in the tuition assistance program for employees pursuing coursework inside and outside the University.
- Continue to review benefit plan provisions and evaluate any potential changes to support special needs. In this context, review coverage of services for children with a diagnosis on the autism spectrum.
- Review the policy that makes certain prescribed medical services unavailable through in-network sources and effectively requires that they be purchased from out-of-network suppliers.? Use of out-of-network services entails both higher co-pays and falls under deductible requirements. ?In this situation such add-on costs do not reflect a choice by users to go out of network, but a choice by Penn not to contract with any supplier.
- Review whether to request that Human Resources staff consult with the Committee when making decisions about whether to comply with state mandates which are optional for the University.
- Continue to monitor the effectiveness of Aetna?s disease management procedures.
- Explore the possibility of providing health advocates/patient navigators as a benefit for employees.
- Explore the possibility of raising the maximum annual dental benefit, so that the dental plan would function more like insurance to cover high costs.
- Review and discuss the committee?s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given highest priority for the committee?s work in AY 2011-2012.
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.