Specific Charges for 2013-2014
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws
- Continue to discuss and investigate how information on health insurance and retirement alternatives is disseminated, how constituencies use this information, and how the communication and decision process can be improved. Explore how Penn can productively engage faculty conducting research related to employee benefits in order to improve Penn’s benefit design, communication, and utilization.
- Continue to discuss and review the requirements of Health Care Reform and consider needed changes in University benefits.
- Continue to monitor the effectiveness of the Penn’s program with Health Advocates.
- Continue to monitor the implementation and effectiveness of Penn’s wellness initiatives.
- Discuss and review Penn’s current Maternity Leave Policy for staff in comparison with work-relief policies offered at peer institutions.
- Review and discuss this Committee’s general charge and identify two or three issues that should be given the highest priority for the committee’s work in academic year 2014-15.
Joe Mellon, Jr.
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.