Specific Charges for 2005-2006
All Specific Charges are in addition to each committee's "General" Charge in the Council Bylaws1. Evaluate the existing general charge of the committee for appropriateness and feasibility of the committee, as well as the constituencies represented in its membership, as defined in the Bylaws of the University Council.
2. Investigate the function of the committee, its utility, competing or complementary overlaps with other bodies in the University, and obstacles to fulfilling the general charge, and make recommendations regarding the future of the committee.
3. Review the report of the committee for 2004-05 and provide an update on progress (or not) and necessary future actions.
4. Review and comment on the Minority Equity Report of April 19, 2005, especially noting issues related to minority retention.
5. Work closely with the Provost’s Office on the identification of a plan for sustained ways to improve campus climate regarding diversity, pluralism, and related issues.
6. Monitor the recent SEC and Council resolutions regarding the Proposal for the United States Culture Analysis Requirement (USCAR).
Committee MembersOscar Gandy (communications)*
|Camille Charles (sociol) *|
|Oscar Gandy (communications) *|
|Bernett Johnson (Dermatology)|
|Sampath Kannan (CIS) *|
|Rosalyn Watts (nursing)*|
|Katrina Jurn (COL’06)|
|Andrew Mener (COL’07)|
|Danielle Qi (COL/WH’06)|
|Grace Colman (Nursing)|
|Sean Vereen (GIC)*|
|Rachael Alford (Ctr for Urban Redevelopment Excellence)|
|Mary Parker-Jones (Med.)|
*Indicates reappointment as chair or member.